This is one of the most dreadful maintenance problems that most vehicle owners in Abuja have had to face. Follow these tips to avoid this scary repair issue for your vehicle engine.
- Regularly check your oil levels: It’s important to check your oil levels regularly and top off as needed to avoid a potential engine problem.
- Regularly change your oil and filter: Regular oil changes help to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants from your engine. It also helps to ensure that your engine is lubricated properly to avoid engine damage.
- Check for oil leaks: Look for any sign of oil leaks under your vehicle, such as puddles or stains. If you notice any leaks, have them repaired as soon as possible.
- Use the right oil viscosity: The right oil viscosity is important for your engine’s health. Make sure to use the recommended oil viscosity for your vehicle’s make, model, and year.
- Check and replace PCV valve: PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve helps to remove the pressure and impurities from the engine. If this valve is faulty or clogged, it can lead to oil consumption.
- Check for worn engine seals or gaskets: Worn engine seals or gaskets can cause oil leaks, which can lead to low oil levels and potential engine damage.
- Check for worn or damaged piston rings: Worn or damaged piston rings can cause oil to enter the combustion chamber, leading to low oil levels and potential engine damage.
- Check for a clogged air filter: A clogged air filter can cause the engine to run too rich, which can increase oil consumption.
- Check the oil filter: The oil filter removes debris and impurities from the oil. If the filter is clogged, it can cause oil consumption.
- Check your driving habits: Overloaded vehicles, excessive idling, and high speeds can cause more oil consumption, it’s important to drive carefully and to avoid these habits.
Changing your driving and maintenance habit will go a long way to ensure the longevity of your vehicle engine.